We have immediate openings for talented freelance web & mobile designers to be based from our Llantrisant studio. We require people who are able to assist in the design and development of our digital projects and share a passion for creating cutting edge user experiences.
Are you highly motivated, ambitious and possess the ability to solve problems creatively? Are you an excellent communicator with a strong design sense, a technical background, and the ability to effectively present and advocate your ideas? If so, we would love to meet you.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate proven experience in the design industry either leading or being a crucial element within a team.
Candidates will also possess a positive work ethic, be able to handle a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and have a ‘can do’ attitude. This role requires a great deal of flexibility, as you’ll be called on to assist with projects in a variety of capacities. On any given project your responsibilities could include:
- Developing IA deliverables (sketches, wireframes, site maps, etc)
- Developing UI design deliverables (design visuals, prototypes, etc)
- Coding front end deliverables (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Creating digital marketing deliverables (promos, landing pages, banner ads, etc)
We want someone that is passionate about design and obsessed with detail. If this is you, then please read on…
You need to be:
- An excellent communicator
- Consistently able to deliver work at an extremely high standard
- Able to work to firm (and tight) deadlines
- Willing to work as part of a team or independently as required
- Able to think creatively and contribute to discussions and brain storming sessions
- Experienced in writing standards base (and clean) front end code
- Able to design for and debug cross browser compatibility issues
It would be nice if you had the following:
- PHP skills
- Experience of working with Drupal
- Experience of working with WordPress CMS
- Experience designing for responsive layouts
As an individual, you will be blessed with the following attributes that will encourage and motivate both clients and your co-workers:
- Intensity, drive and ambition
- Integrity and sound judgment
- A cultural fit within the organisation
- Positive outlook, enthusiastic can-do attitude and great sense of humor
- Self-awareness, reflection and resilience
- Effective communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Track record with results that are sustainable and explainable
- Demonstrated ability to solve hard problems and overcome adversity
- Knowing how to get things done while working with a wide variety of personalities and perspectives
- A determined focus on serving and delighting the customer
- Clear verbal communication and advocacy for effective design
Driven by a passion for design, any member of the Huw David Design team must have a quality pushing mindset, with a sharp eye for not only concept and execution, but also the production and practical business uses of each project.
To apply: Please send your current CV, portfolio samples (include website links) and hourly/daily rates to firstname.lastname@example.org We would like to discuss your availability to work in-house on a project-by-project basis as well as ad-hoc requirements.
Please, no recruitment agencies.